inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

tula tuesday::week 29

 block number 58
from tula pink's
city sampler
100 modern quilt blocks.
 and the inspiration...
our first effort at growing corn in our gardens
here at our "bit of earth".
(detail)
i found a bit of nani IRO
"herring bone pencil"
double gauze
to use for the corn tassels.

 the hand-dyed indigo sky
is from my buddy shawna,
one of my favorite members of our vtmqg.
she is on her way to create a new life for herself in colorado
shawna gifted me with some of her precious indigo fabric
before she left (she knows me well).
we will all miss her big heart and her sparkling smile.
you can follow her adventures on instagram, here.

 stitching this very simple block reminded me of how connected
we makers really are...over time, over distances, over generations.

kindred spirits, all.

p.s. the weather here in vermont has shifted big time.
i can feel my energy shift as well, inspiring me to be here more often.
i've got notes of things to share with you and ideas for
making things.

"see" you again soon.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment