inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, August 31, 2020

bookends for the day

 this wee fawn and her mama wandered near the deck 
as i was stretching early this morning. 
 we harvested the carrots and beets today.
 due to our hot and dry summer, our root cellar
is not yet cool enough to store our veggies.
 we set the carrots out to dry a bit on the porch, 
then tucked them into our mini fridge that 
we use when we have a houseful of guests.
(which clearly isn't happening right now...).
we'll hold the veggies here until the root cellar cools down.
 as we tidied up after our gardening, the sunset caught my eye...
...and created a pretty reflection in the window of the workshop.

check back tomorrow to see some  sewing projects for miss magpie.
xo

hope you are hanging in there, friends.
mercy!
unprecedented times.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to having a deck to do my stretching on. Rest assured you'll be conjured up beside me when I do. And when the addition is in place and the crawl space beneath it finished, I hope to use the old cellar steps leading to it as my little root cellar. Just what temperature am I shooting for?? So much still to learn... I always love looking through your windows on the world. thanks

    ReplyDelete