inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, August 7, 2020

wherever we are

 

My friend Sharon spotted goldenrod at her place in Wisconsin a while ago, and I took a stroll out in our meadow this afternoon to find some here in Vermont. Sharon and I are kindred spirits in many ways, but our love of the autumn season binds us as these summer days give hints of waning. 

As I drove down the hill this morning, our chilly temps created tunnels of trees filled with whips of fog. On these mornings, I do not listen to NPR or Spotify. I just listen to the wheels crunch on the gravel and relax my shoulders. I exhale and I smile. I am able to be fully present to the simplicity and beauty of the present moment. What a gift it is, to be able to live in a snapshot of perfection.

The real world always finds its way back to us, doesn't it?

But we can find sanctuary in noticing. In listening. In breathing. 

Wherever we are.

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos. I sure do miss Vermont but feel like I'm there when I look at these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of the tunnel of trees is so magical.

    ReplyDelete