inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, March 1, 2009

waiting for 15" of snow!

Henry is in a "fire coma" this afternoon.
Oh dear, I cannot tell if this is a loaf of sourdough bread or a big lump of concrete.  I guess a knife will tell...
For lunch, lentil soup with cumin, cilantro and chard, our current favorite.  With a splot of plain yogurt on top.   From Vegetable Soups from Deborah Madison's Kitchen.  
Batman, who works for the corporate machine (which is a mean machine these days), meditates amidst the flurries.
Planning a very fun, new project...a lap quilt for the annual auction at Gretta's school, whose motto is "gentle, generous, truthful, kind and brave".  Thanks go out to Jane, whose idea of using chipboard scrap booking letters as templates is inspired.  The school's colors are maroon and white, and I'm sorry, but I just cannot get excited about those colors.  I lamented this to Julie, who works at the quilt shop and she said, "Oh, Karen, just use colors you'll have fun with and it will turn out just fine".  Brilliant, Julie and thanks! 

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's snowing there. I feel so guilty being so far away!

    I love those sparkly lilac letters - your quilt is going to be fab!

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm i made a reply last night...Blogger must have eaten it! Hope your bread came out o.k. The cats here would love to have a fireplace that they could get close to like Henry is. Love love love the sparkly purple letters you're using as templates for the lettering and the fabrics you've chosen are delicious (and seem much more appropriate for the school's motto than maroon and white).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I have tried to comment several times, only to have Blogger tell me I need to type in a word that apparently exists. All I see is a blank box. Anyway, I think you should start a competing magazine with Martha: Marmie Magazine - Rural Chic

    ReplyDelete