inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, March 8, 2010

love makes a family

when i heard last week that partners brad and julian
 are expecting a baby girl in a few weeks,
i couldn't get to my fabric stash fast enough!

i found these cute elephants and knew they would make a great border.
then i found this great backing fabric at a local shop.
wish i had bought yards and yards of this treasure when i found it
years ago. i am using bits of it every now and then.
very sparingly.

so, guys, every stitch in this crib quilt is filled with love.
for you and for the lucky little baby girl who
will arrive in the warm embrace of your family.
blessings. 

9 comments:

  1. I love love love love it! Showed it to some of my friends and they all want quilts (have I mentioned lately how jealous they are of mine?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this is sooo cute! I love the elephant fabric (of course). So nice! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh congrats to your friends, what a perfect gift!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet quilt! I do love the "babies" fabric and the elephants!!
    Lovely gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a sweet quilt! lucky little baby!

    (word verification was "catte" *g*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great combination of colours, I never would have thought to put orange and pink together but it's really nice.

    ReplyDelete