inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, May 24, 2010

life's fullness

i am off to yale divinity school this morning.
a dear and wonderful friend will receive her MDiv.
it has been a journey and i look forward to helping her celebrate.
witnessing her discernment and commitment 
to her calling has been such a blessing and honor.
she's one of my heros.

and later, my best buddy franny will be here,
for a few days of catching up.
we live too far apart and so these visits are 
wicked fun.

hannah has promised to make dinner
while i am in new haven
(curried butternut squash and lentil soup, 
salad and naan bread).

everyone is growing up, all the time.
if we work at it and are lucky, we can
grow into our fullness, our potential, our dreams.

into ministers,
life long friends.
sometimes it's as sweetly simple as a 
daughter who steps up.

do you feel life's fullness on this monday morning?
will you share, here?

2 comments:

  1. Life seems almost too full to me this morning, if that's possible: preschool graduation, new school and kindergarten, the death of a relative, a new diagnosis for my dad. But there's a new garden plot in my backyard that my whole family put in this weekend and we had such a good time. We'll be waving to you at Yale this weekend, just up from us on 95.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marm, can you convince Franny to stay til I get home? PLEASEEEE????? I want to see my fairy godmother!

    ReplyDelete