inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

two generations of yellow flowers

i was sewing this morning.
ladybugs anyone?
i found a yard of this gorgeous fabric in my 
mailbox yesterday, a belated birthday gift
from gretta. 
she said it reminded her of playing under the forsythia
down by the stream when she was a little girl.
she doesn't know that it reminded me of the wallpaper
in my bedroom when i was growing up.
my mumsie saved a few bits of it
and someday i am going to do 
something very special with it up at our place in vermont.

thanks gretta. thanks mumsie.
xo

and thanks to all of you who left comments on
yesterday's post.
i am glad i am not alone.
just maybe in the minority.
that's ok, i've been there before.

6 comments:

  1. Love. That. Fabric. Maybe a trip to Galesburg is in order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually...I don't think you can find this range of fabrics in stores. Have you heard of Spoonflower, a company that will print your designs on fabric and offer them to the public, via their website (linked, above)?
    Danger, danger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that fabric! It reminds me of childhood too. I'm so grateful to have a generation of forsythia bushes in my own yard that were started from the plant I grew up playing beneath in my parent's yard...they're not quite big enough to get under yet though. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. How serendipitous that the fabric matches the wallpaper so closely! My sewing machine has been sitting on the dining room table for a week. I need to finish my project and clean up my mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need to get some of that fabric!
    I just know you'll use it well, Karen! How great that your mom saved some of your wallpaper! I had little ballerinas on my wall! :-)

    ReplyDelete