inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

guest post by lindsey


When other plans fell through on Saturday, I realized that I had a whole day ahead of me with nothing I HAD to do and nowhere I HAD to be - I can hardly remember the last time that happened! So I looked around my room and saw the spot on the wall that I'd been meaning to fill and the blue Ikea fabric that I had plans to use - and the crafting began!

Every time Mom and I go to Paper Source, we face indecision about whether or not to buy their calendar for $30. While we love its plain and simple look and nice big squares, somehow we never end up spending the money. I decided that brown paper bags were just about as good and came up with my own version, divided by seasons.
Then it was time for sewing. My first apron went to a friend for her birthday last year, and I've been meaning to make my own ever since ("tall-sized" of course!). I didn't use a pattern, but did a lot of cutting then holding the shape up to my body and then cutting a little more. In the end, I'm very happy with this apron and can't wait to get it covered in flour!
It is great to start the day with nothing but recycled materials and fabric and end up with two things that I've often thought of buying, but I knew I could make myself (eventually)!

(Lindsey is Reed child #2. She shares an apartment in the Boston area with two roomies and has a fabulous posse of friends who enjoy regular pot luck suppers together. She works in the Stewardship and Development Office of a not-for-profit.)

3 comments:

  1. It's a lovely apron - and I think the calendar idea is wonderful!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a calendar divided into seasons! And the apron - fabric, fit and design - all beautiful! You certainly are your mother's daughter, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lindsey reed!!!! it's so good to see you!
    you look beauteous
    xo to you
    potts

    ReplyDelete