inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, September 29, 2011

results

To restore order means to liberate oneself
from the spell of what seems,
and to come back to what is.
-Henri Tracol

dearest readers, i hope i have not caused your eyes 
to glaze over with all these posts about cleaning
and sorting and tossing.
i am simply astounded by the release of 
a wee heaviness in my spirit,
and the discovery of new energy and insights
as i pare down and organize my life.

and what i envision,
and how to get from here to there,
i wonder, what advice might you have for me?

4 comments:

  1. I think ordering things is a way of regaining control, even if only of small parts of your life. I have been quite amazed what a difference a couple of shiny sinks has made to me! Ordering my desk comes next - I think it is also a matter of taking time to consider oneself and become absorbed in the simple task in hand. When you throw out the clutter, you somehow discard some of the unhelpful baggage you have been carrying through life.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been coming to your blog site since you started working on the re-ordering of your sewing room. Your one-pointed focus on getting rid of clutter and making everything visually clean is what attracted me to visit your regular posts. Your precision sewing projects reveal your focus on simple and clean lines.

    I have an appreciation of your continued theme of removing or rearranging what appears to be your sense of clutter. You always create an artistic arrangement to a satisfying and soothing finish. The text and photos help to entrain me to move in my own direction of organizing.

    With gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the phrase "unhelpful baggage" from Pomona.
    I've actually enjoyed your posts about organizing and have been inspired to do likewise, but you are way ahead of me, Karen. Your table and drawers look delightfully simple and functional. My advice? Enjoy the fruits of your labors: peace and tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that material clutter creates mental clutter. I definitely want less of both. I am also inspired by your projects and focus.

    ReplyDelete