inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, November 17, 2011

no picture today, just an invitation...

Having young people in my life keeps me on my toes. My kids and my daughter-in-law and their friends,  help me to be in the midst of a different generation, even though I do not belong to it. My work on the boards of two schools...one pre-K thru 12, and the other, a college...give me the gift of involvement with the future.

Thank goodness for these blessings. I do not ever want to be out of touch with the hope and promise of young people.

I invite you to pop on over to the blog of one of my favorite young people. Jamie is an Earlham grad and his Change from Within is worth a read every time he posts. Today's is a gem, (inspired by Andrea Gibson), and I would love to see any of you leave a comment over there.

Being vulnerable helps us grow.

xo

2 comments:

  1. ha! that gave me a laugh....a deep laugh of understanding....
    Now to write one of my own....
    so much , so many parts...such little space
    thanks for the wonderful link
    it comes on the eve of bad news from a dear friend.....a granddaughter's suicide
    what parts did that poor child hate and couldn't overcome.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Thank you" sounds so pallid, Karen, but I mean it with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete