inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Karen's snow day

Last week as I was downing a mocha, I noticed this quote on the side of my paper cup, "Anger is contagious".  Hmmmmm...I thought, there's a project in those words. So I rinsed out the cup, cut out the quote and stashed it in my studio. Yesterday I set three goals for the project.
  1. practice free motion quilting
  2. try a different color scheme than my usual favorites
  3. take no more than an hour and a half to complete it
So, voila, here it is.  With a detail of the quote and my prescription for it, below. 
It was a fun challenge.  Now that I am paying attention to my coffee cups, I have another quote in mind for my next "playtime".

And I also CLEANED AND TIDYED my sewing room/studio.  What a difference it makes!  I can walk around freely, find what I'm looking for and the wicker chair is even empty for someone to SIT in!

Love them snow days.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You set a tough challenge for yourself, and the result is beautiful! I like the fact that you offered a prescription for the contagion..hopefully there are no limits on the number of times the prescription can be filled! (It would probably have taken me an hour and a half just to find the right fabrics.) (After "humor" i personally might have added "chocolate." *g*) Congrats, too, on cleaning your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece, Karen! Just shows that inspiration is all around us (even on a coffee cup!)!! Love the colors and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a little card above my desk that says "Anger is a form of toxic waste." Same idea. Karen, I love your blog. I've started to look forward to it every morning. You're not only centering yourself, you're centering me too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete