inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, January 22, 2009

pebbles






I collected these pebbles from the beaches of Lake Michigan in Arcadia, Michigan, and from the rocky coast of Acadia National park in Maine.  (Interesting  Acadia/Arcadia thing going on there).  A lot of my spirituality comes from looking for the sacred in everyday moments and finding beauty in simple things.  This little basket of pebbles sits on a chest in our living room, inviting play and creativity.  One of my favorite artists is Andy Goldsworthy.  I love how his work connects nature and intention and the fleetingness of life.  I also love the work of Yann Arthus-Bertrand, whose aerial photographs are remarkable.  

"I think we would be able to live in this world more peacefully if our spirituality were to come from looking not just into infinity but very closely at the world around us--and appreciating its depth and divinity." -Thomas Moore

3 comments:

  1. I think this post is so beautiful, Karen. Your words and photographs are exquisite. I plan to look up the artists you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Andy Goldsworthy and I thought of him immediately when I saw these photos - before I scrolled down to the text. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete