inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

winter harvest 2

It's still early at our house, so I had to use a flash for this picture.  It's a "snow day" here in CT!  No school for Gretta, so she is where any normal 17 year old should be...snuggled under the covers.  Peter will work from home today.  I'm thinkin' oatmeal for breakfast. Later, Gretta and I will dig into projects in my sewing room/studio.  One of the things I will miss when our house becomes an "empty nest" is the cheap thrill of a snow day.  The weather man reported that there will be "10-12 inches in the whites and greens today". How  lovely it would be if we were at our place in VT today, looking out at the Braintree Range of the greens, but now I am being greedy.

Check out my friend Judy's blog, her amaryllis is beautiful!

Stay warm and if you have to venture out into the world, be safe!


3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day in the sewing studio with your daughter! I've got a grown-up snow day myself...roads here in Virginia are covered with snow and ice (nothing like what you have, but they're not too competent in driving on snow here nor clearing it) so i'm working from home. And i really am working...but in comfy clothes, with cats on keyboard :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made it to Danbury and back early this am for a dr appt (beat the dr there!), and now the rest of the day can be a real snow day. I hope you enjoy yours. Have fun!

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful plants, Karen!
    Thanks so much for linking to my blog. Yes, I am enjoying my amaryllis and, inspired by you, plan to force some forsythia blooms in the spring!
    Also can't wait to get Jane and Elin's new book. I have their first book and remember seeing pieces of your work in it! Must get it out again - it was a great book!

    ReplyDelete