inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, May 4, 2009

in the midst of it


In the yearbook there were so many possibilities...best looking, class flirt, most likely to succeed, most intelligent...but there, next to her name, was  "changed the least since freshman year" and "best attitude".

Friday was her last day of classes, and this morning she was up early, packing her lunch and locating her boots. I dropped her off at our local CSA, where she's doing her "Senior Independent Study" for six weeks. She's delighted to be volunteering with old friends, reconnecting with the dirt and seeds and weeds that she loves and being outdoors all day.

I am hunkered in at my sewing machine, stitching myself through the morning, taking deep breaths when necessary and the hum of "thank you, thank you, thank you" runs through my heart.


3 comments:

  1. Blessed be! and what a great Independent Study project Gretta is doing. If she's interested in coming to Virginia (but why would she want to, when you've got great CSAs there...), my friends Pablo and Esther have an apprenticeship program at their farm www.slfarm.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I find that tractor in our yard when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't that be nice, Peter?

    Quiltcat, I checked out your link...Pablo and Esther have a good thing going there at their farm!

    ReplyDelete