inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, September 16, 2010

autumn transitions

yesterday i gave all the houseplants a rinse with the hose,
and brought them in from the screened porch.
the big plant still needs to find its way to the sunny dining room.

the garlic braids from the gardens in vermont 
are now hanging in our garage here in CT.
cookbooks are open to curried squash soup
and rustic apple tart. 
(thanks for sharing your favorite veggies the other day,
it was fun to see what you love.)

i've been working on my fall calendar.
setting goals, brainstorming projects,
considering new volunteer opportunities,
and a deadline for my new studio.

is there something you are committed to accomplishing this fall?



p.s. "the queen of everything" is still in the hospital, comforted, i know, by all our good thoughts.


4 comments:

  1. I love the energy you bring to tasks big and small, and the spirit with which you honor them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i brought my plants in yesterday. But no soup yet! that curried squash sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the garlic!! The Portland version of bringing the plants in is taking out the raincoats and galoshes. Time to say bye to the sun for the next six months. I did miss the smell of rain though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when I think of all of the things I need to do while it's still fall, my head starts spinning!

    I hope your "queen" is healing well:)

    ReplyDelete