inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Saturday, April 23, 2011

i am so confused

yesterday i posted some lovely earth day pictures
taken up here at our "bit of earth" in vermont.
we had been away for an unusually long five weeks
and were happy to see signs of spring around the place.
alas,
this is vermont, after all,
and so, this is the view we woke to this morning.
our courageous garlic plants in the foreground.

today might be good for reading by the fire,
cooking up a pot of black beans
and perhaps napping later on?

xo

8 comments:

  1. Unbelieveable.... but this is also nature!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!
    How amazing!!
    But I shouldn't be amazed because my nephew lives in Vermont and I've been hearing stories of recent piles of snow where he is!
    Cuddle up and stay warm, Karen!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your garlic will be okay....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow... just like chicago last week!
    we are not in control, but we had that one figured out already :)
    nap away, my friend

    alas, the sun is shining here, and i went for a nice stroll in the fresh air this afternoon
    good thing dave is sturdy - Keenan was on one side and i was on the other

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, snow is always beautiful to me, as are naps and black beans...but i do hope the spring plants and garlic shoots/sprouts are not done in...we had rain and naps in ct...tqoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the title of this post, Karen!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ran into your site by a fluke. I left a comment but then saw the page was from 2009!...it had pics of Earlham [I graduated from ESR in '81]...so I clicked on the 'home' button.

    Just had to say that your not the only one confused! The Robins here were looking for a spot of ground that wasn't white just last week [in S. Dak.] It had been 70 degrees just two days before we woke up to winter again.

    ReplyDelete