inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, July 3, 2015

days filled with...

working on the wedding dress...
  • a visit from Ben and Gretta
  • celebrating Batman's birthday
  • rain, rain and more rain
  • celebrating the 8th anniversary of finding our "bit of earth"
  • a day trip to the Vermont Quilt Festival
  • a house full of our favorite Swedes
  • sewing a muslin of the wedding dress, and adjusting and adjusting...
  • sunshine, finally, with two loads of laundry, dried on the line
  • greens and herbs from the garden to the kitchen
  • a long suffering kitty, with a new protocol that seems to be helping
  • real and final house reno plans and a contract, awaiting a careful reading, and then ready to go the week after the wedding. (eeeep!)
  • watching "our" doe and this year's fawn, grazing in the meadow (please leave the apple trees alone...)
  • sighting what we think may be a kestrel, hovering over the meadow...such a gorgeous bird 
If you would like to savor summer in the company of kindred spirits, check this out.  Anne of My Giant Strawberry has organized a lovely project for the month of July. (I fear I will barely make it through the summer with my brain intact, so I plan to pop in and visit the fun when I'm able).

If you'd like ideas for what to do with garlic scapes (like my buddy Sharoncheck out these ideas.

Do you have plans for this weekend? I am leaving Batman to tend the place while my Mumsie and I attend a very special social occasion on Sunday. More later. :-)

4 comments:

  1. You are one busy lady, Karen. Happy birthday to your Honey. Thanks for the link to scape recipes and to my blog. Sending wishes that your fawn learns good manners in your garden (we have triplets here this year!) Can't wait to see the dress progress.
    Happy 8 year anniversary and congratulations on the house plans. Life is full of sweetness, is it not??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and thanks for the link to the Vermont quilt show. This morning I joined 9 other ladies from my quilt guild and tied 4 quilt tops for an elderly lady in hospice who wants to live yet to see her quilts completed. I felt honored to be a part of this outreach of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like full, wonderful days, Karen. I hope you are enjoying all the moments and that the days don't fly past too quickly!

    Thanks for the mention, too, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are so busy Karen! I will be savoring Summer too and making the most of the season. I look forward to see the finished wedding dress - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete