inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, September 5, 2010

decapitalization circus


bread and puppet! vermont's political theatre.
(to see last year's circus, click here).
we drove over to rochester through sprinkles,
but when the show began, the skies cleared.
here's the u.s. economy,
trying to lift the weight of corporate welfare and military spending,
with the medical profession trying to revive it.
the skit about immigration was 
not so funny.
 the elephant in the room...
 "immigration and customs enforcement".
the wonderful barnyard animal puppets.

one of the performers in a skit quoted wendell berry...

Ask the questions that have no answers.
Invest in the millennium.
Plant sequoias.
Say that your main crop is the forest that you did not plant,
that you will not live to harvest.

Say that the leaves are harvested when they have rotted into mold.
Call that profit. 

-from Mad Farmer Liberation Front

4 comments:

  1. That quote gives me chills!
    Jealous I missed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! Looks like a crazy good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, this is yet another reason why I love the state of Vermont(aside from the fact that it has some of the most beautiful farm lands I have ever seen). I wish I could have been there! Definitely sounds like my kind of crowd.

    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone who quotes Wendall Berry is at the top of my list - lucky you! We spent the labor day on the island swan/crane/eagle watching - lovely also.

    ReplyDelete