inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, September 10, 2010

sewing therapy

i bought this gorgeous fabric at liberty of london
a few years ago, when i was actually lucky enough to be in london.
i tucked it away in my "special fabric cupboard".
my friend margie and her partner, linda
were *married* this summer.
when i saw pictures of their wedding, 
i noticed their peacock feather motif.
i knew just what to do for a wee wedding gift...
i made napkins, so that whenever they use them, they will
feel our love and blessings sitting at the dinner table with them.
and i made these for hannah's table out in ohio.

cutting the fabric, pressing the edges carefully, stitching the edges...
folding, and packaging them up for the mail.
in a weird way i found myself creating order 
in a totally nutso, crazy-making news cycle.

and then i moved onto another project that had stalled,
and now it's almost done.

i've recovered my center.
breathing again.


4 comments:

  1. yay!!! love that fabric choice!!!
    can't wait to put them on my table!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful and thoughtful gifts! I love the Liberty fabric...a friend's daughter gave me some very similar fabric many years ago when i took care of her cat while mom and daughter were in England. I hoarded it for years, used some of it in a quilted vest, and might still have a few precious scraps left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These napkins are so beautiful, and I totally understand your feeling of peace and orderliness when pressing and sewing. What lovely gifts!

    ReplyDelete