inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, October 7, 2010

for my mumsie's birthday...today!

on monday, i popped by my mumsie's house for a cup of tea 
(on my way home from doug and ra's).
i brought her a little bag of goodies for an early birthday surprise.
here's the pillow i made for her.
the back is made with another repurposed button placket, 
and a bit of leftover fabric from a dress i made for hannah
when she was a little girl.
(yes, my fabric stash is quite amazing.
the dress had an eyelet collar, and i think it might be in 
the "treasure box" in the attic).
i thought my mom might like a pillow 
that echoes the colors in my new studio.

happy birthday mumsie!
xoxoxoxo

see other pillows here, here and here. here's another and another.

7 comments:

  1. You are making such good use of that birch fabric! It's fun to see it popping up all over. Unfortunately it makes me want to order more. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what an artist of fabric you are
    lucky mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just make the coolest stuff reed! The recipients of those gifts (ME too!) are all so fortunate.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pillows and this one is beautiful. The design is so sophisticated and calming. Very lovely...... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! i have a pile of used-up dresses and shirts that are now waiting to be reborn as pillow backs, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, and a very happy birthday to your Mumsie!

    ReplyDelete