inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, September 27, 2012

gretta's birch tree wallhanging



When I was a kid at summer camp in Vermont, I once had the pleasure (and the stress) of being a quilt head for our huge end of summer fair celebration. Every year, we make a quilt and raffle it off to raise money for camper scholarships. We patched together this quilt with appliqued birches.

Years later while on staff at the same camp, one of my coworkers found out I had been the person behind the quilt and told me how it had been her favorite quilt!

Flash forward to this summer, when that same coworker got married to the love of her life. I knew I didn't have the time or energy to make a full sized quilt, so I made them this wall hanging. Hand appliqued, beaded, and quilted.
They loved it! In their words "We absolutely love the beautiful wall hanging. Thank you so much for putting so much time and love into our present. It means the world to us."
Here's to homemade gifts with meaning, and sharing handmade love!
(Gretta is a senior in college...majoring in environmental studies 
and minoring in economics. She embraces study break craftiness!) 

2 comments: