inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, September 21, 2012

winnowing down some more

Sorting and de-cluttering once again, today I collected all my baskets, rinsed them and set them outdoors to dry. I think I'll pull about half of them and offer them to the four kids via a basket raffle. I just love that three out of four of them are living out in the world and sometimes welcome a hand-me-down or two.  (We also have a little stash in a corner here for Gretta, who might need it sooner than we thought...)

This summer we enjoyed this movie, about a guy, his wife and toddler, living in NYC, trying to have no impact on the environment for a year. A little provocative and a lot inspiring.

Here's a very thoughtful blog post about things being future proof, from one of our favorite artists.

And this post, from another favorite blogger, is all about winnowing.

We're on a roll. The weekend "to do" list is long...but autumn officially begins in less than 24 hours. Renewed energy galore! Woot!

Start thinking about projects you'd like to work on...Monday I'll host another accountability week.

4 comments:

  1. Your links are very thought provoking, Karen - thank you for sharing them. I'd never heard of that movie but it sounds interesting.
    Count me in for accountability week! I have a project that is due Friday, so that will be perfect!
    Meanwhile I, too, am trying to pare down the seemingly endless "stuff" I have accumulated over the years, and am working toward a more serene and less cluttered existence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you have to keep the picnic basket for Vermont!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the link, Karen, winnowing down here too (still) and just had tea with some friends who are downsizing from a 1,500 sq foot condo to 350 sq foot apartment! They are doing some serious downsizing!

    ReplyDelete