inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, September 24, 2018

good words


This weekend I brought the rosemary plant in to the three season porch. I snipped some marigold blossoms to dry for a dye pot. I gave the houseplants a shower and moved some around. More beets and the onions went in to the root cellar. We bought flower bulbs for planting outdoors and for forcing on the windowsills in the dead of winter. We had an autumnal equinox bonfire on Saturday night, just the two of us. 

Indeed, the seasons are shifting and so is the light.

I watched the Harvest Moon set over the Green Mountains early this morning. This is my favorite time of year, when I feel a depth and richness in our lives up here on the ridge. 

Ingathering. 

Gratitude.

Letting go, too. 

Maybe you feel it.

Here are two lovely pieces that have reminded me of things I already knew. (But reminders are a good thing).

"How can we be present to what's happening in the world without giving in to the despair and hopelessness?" This is a 9 1/2 minute interview with one of my sheroes, Krista Tippett. You can listen to it here. If you are not yet familiar with On Being, CHECK IT OUT! It is a fabulous resource.

"Attentive Idling", written by Iris Graville, in The Wayfarer magazine.

Let me know if you have stumbled across any treasures lately...good words, music, beauty, food...anything that will bring hope and light to those of us who gather in quieter neighborhoods of the internet.

Happy Monday, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment