inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, October 7, 2018

a new day

Ugh.

Friday and Saturday were two of the very worst days, weren't they?

Yesterday I raged.

I ate bad food. Tortilla chips and Brach's Autumn Mix. I know I was eating my feelings.

I used my seam ripper a lot, until I realized it wasn't a good idea to be sewing anger into a gift, so I walked away.

Lindsey and Scott are here for the long weekend and that has been a help. They were the ones that suggested we all spend the evening with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. If ever there were a time for wizards, it is now.

"This pain is part of being human...the fact that you can feel pain 
like this is one of your greatest strengths."
-Albus Dumbledore

The dawn today was framed by misty swirls around the hills. 

Moody. 

Fraught with foreboding.

But...

It's a new day. A day to rest, process our crazy new reality and get our feet back under ourselves. 

Let's take time, friends. Time to do what we need to do to be ready for whatever comes next.

xo 






1 comment:

  1. A time for rest, repair and refocus. Changes are in motion. We will weather this storm with courage and hope.

    ReplyDelete