inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

another artsy craftsy extravaganza

ATC (artist trading card) made by Judy.
Two ATC cards made by my Mumsie.
My ATC to throw into the mix.

Do you remember last fall, when some of us had
an "artsy craftsy extravaganza" at my Mumsie's house?

Well, we used the very same formula this time around.
Women related by family+women related by marriage+
women related by friendship+good food+handwork=
good times.

I've just been to Massachusetts and back, with an overnight in between.
Potluck lunch, ATC's, show and tell, knitting projects, Etsy ideas,
gardening chat and good conversation...
We also shared lots of books full of ideas.
Then my Aunt Margretta and sister-in-law Ra
had to head back to their own homes.
My Mumsie, Judy and I went fabric shopping, out to supper
and chatted into the evening.
This morning we had breakfast at a local spot
and filled the morning with internet surfing, gabbing
and Judy and I compared notes on our homework
for Jane's class.

Judy gave me an extraordinary gift.
Check back tomorrow for a picture.
I need to use natural light to photograph it.

Did I mention that I am blessed?
How about you?
Do you have intergenerational friendships,
handwork friends, gardening buddies
or some other way to be connected?
Maybe you have a great book club.
Tell us about them!

9 comments:

  1. a delightful two days, clever gals are we !

    Karen's "Mumsy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love e.e.cummings. He's always situation-appropriate. Looks like everyone had a lovely weekend...and this is very nice. Well, I am blessed in having a variety of relationships, all blind to age and so on but very much into enjoying life's many bounties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very lucky to have been part of this great get-together!!
    I know that I am blessed for sure!! I'll be showing YOUR atc cards on my blog tomorrow, Karen!!
    Love you,
    Judy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Fun Fun! I hope we do this some day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got such a kick out of the museum card -- CLEVER+!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun stuff. love these atcs.
    i run a book group at work and it's fun.
    but i really think i need some kind of crafting group of like minded souls.
    that's on my list of wishes, to find people to create with, to inspire each other.
    luck you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, what are the dimensions on the ATCs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful extravaganza! part of what's been keeping me away from blogging is getting ready for my quilt group's annual retreat...it's a friendly group of women ranging in age from late 20s to 91, and we have a wonderful time together, creating and having fun. I joined 20 years ago to learn how to quilt and along the way found an anchor to my community and many good friends.

    ReplyDelete