inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

flowers for kiffer


Hannah and I are safely home from our mid west road trip, but I'll share stories about that later.

Today I want to say just a little bit about the blogging world, and how it helps us make connections.

I follow a lot of blogs, of many varieties. Sewing, knitting, art quilting, gardening, parenting, indy crafting, education, greening, spirituality. I love the inspiration, camaraderie and fun that these blogs add to my life. I see and learn things that expand my world and give me hope. I try not to have favorites, because, after all, every blog has something to add to the online conversations of life. 

But there is one that I simply adore.  Jackie Morris, (a children's book illustrator) ghost writes a most lovely blog about the life of her cats and dogs on the coast of Wales. The photographs are spectacular, and the pastoral wanderings they take together are simply delightful. We three, ginger cats tales is worth a look for anyone wanting a break from the ordinary world.

Recently, their dear Kiffer died in his sleep. I'm guessing he was my Henry's favorite, because they shared a paleness of ginger fur. We will dearly miss reading of Kiffer's prowling, and yes, we have sent our condolences off to our friends in Wales. Kiffer's passing reminds us of how dear pets can be to us, and of how even in cyber space, we can all come to appreciate that our journeys on this planet can be shared in heartfelt ways.

Rest in peace, dearest Kiffer the Pale.

3 comments:

  1. Karen, i too was so sad to hear Kiffer had passed away. Their blog is also one of my favourites and I will miss reading about his adventures. I am sure Jackie and the rest of the house of Ginger appreciate all the comments left.
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great blog! It is definitely painful to lose a sweet kitty. It really takes time to get over such a loss.
    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you pointing me to that sweet blog a while back. It's really magical. Rest in peace is right.

    ReplyDelete