inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Friday, June 18, 2010

a very quick round trip

I had a morning full of meetings yesterday.
When I got home, Gretta and I hopped in the car and drove to
our "bit of earth"in Vermont.
We had a light supper and then wandered the place 
before bedtime.
These days that are close to the solstice are so long and gentle.
We admired la luna.
Here she is, high in the sky at dusk.
Our pear trees have baby pears!
And we got up early, to put the wire cages and 
netting over the blueberry bushes.
Then we closed things up, hopped in the car again,
and I dropped Gretta at camp where she'll be working this summer.
A mere 28 hours after I left home, I am back in CT. *sigh*
Batman and I will undertake a "work weekend" here in Connecticut
before I retreat to our "bit of earth" for the month of July.
Looks like tomorrow's going to be "a scorcha"as we say at our house.

What's on your to do list this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. hahaha, the scorcha made me laugh!!!!
    we say that here too, well, I don't! ;-)
    On my to do list this weekend is: turn 40 gracefully, lunch with good friend, swim swim swim with aunties and mom, blow out candles on mom's homemade lemon merangue pie (I hope, I hinted to her), get rest of the poor flower seedlings in the ground, groom Maury bunny, and I think my first trip to Ikea on Monday.
    Thanks for asking Karen and for this sweet glimpse into your world.

    love your baby pears and bb. I should probably cover mine too. thanks for the reminder.
    try not to work too hard this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's "a scorcha" down here in TX where we're visiting my family. Just looking at your VT pictures makes me feel cool . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. My to-do list includes fighting off the urge to throw Keenan in the car and start driving to that "bit of earth"! Your photos are always so beautiful, and have this enticing lure about them.

    That, and working a bit in our yard after all the storms we had yesterday that left a trail of twigs and leaves. I need to tidy up out there a bit. I love getting my hands dirty out there!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photo of trees silhouetted against a beautiful sky! Gives me shivers! We are in the process of adopting new kittens - 2 of them!!!
    Should have them by Thursday, A happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An entire month at "bit of earth" sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete