inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, June 3, 2010

life in the fast lane

oh merciful heavens.
i took this picture with my i-phone,
(a mocha milk shake..."half price happy hour" at steak and shake) 
e-mailed it to myself, 
downloaded it to a computer in the library,
and posted it to the blog!
i am amazed at my techno-dinosaur self!
i guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks.

hannah and i have had a fun and adventure-filled drive out to indiana.
including a tow by AAA out of a drainage ditch at the edge of a parking lot.
in the midst of a severe thunderstorm.
ahem.

that experience will make our board proceedings look like a picnic.

what have you been up to lately?


4 comments:

  1. Well, I can't beat your day...but I did go to see Letters to Juliet....
    oh swoon..so romantic and beautiful
    filmed in Verona....
    Did you go into the ditch with the car?
    I am impressed by your skills!
    I'm still working on some remotes..don't laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes!
    (about the ditch)
    Hooray!
    (about your techno savvy self)

    as for me:
    gardening gardening gardening
    thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mocha milkshake sounds pretty naughty to me Reed!

    Love a good adventure on a road trip. They're quite boring unless you have a little "something" like a flat tire or an up-close-and-personal with a drainage ditch. Bravo!

    I'm heading out to garden on my end before it rains and trying not to listen to the workers behind us grinding out the tree stumps - 15 pines, GONE! Remember Fern Gully? I'm LIVID!
    Breathe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had company on your adventure! I did too: the kids and I drove an extra 1 1/2 hours home from the island since I missed an exit (that book on tape was a little too interesting).

    I'm making up for the 15 pines that Mary lost - we've planted over 40 trees & bushes this spring along a new fence line - I'm sure they're improving her air too!

    ReplyDelete