inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

caught up in the fullness of life

Live to the point of tears.
-Albert Camus

I have been to Earlham College and back, where our board of trustees had a special meeting to come to consensus in choosing our next president (details to follow when our choice becomes official). What an experience to be part of that work in support of a place I hold dear to my heart!  I am humbled, inspired and energized by sitting with so many fine people, who brought the best of themselves to the process. 

Good conversations with family and friends, feeling nourished by the vegan adventure Batman and I have been on, the promise of spring, being moved by podcasts of OnBeing, getting back into my sewing studio...even doing household chores with attention and devotion...

And, yes, knowing the darker places of our days...friends struggling with illness and grief, the concerning news from Japan, the strife in Libya and so many other places in our human family...

Sometimes I do feel that I live to the point of tears.

And isn't that a blessing? 




3 comments:

  1. YOU are the blessing, dear friend, to be so aware of all around you
    life is definitely full... of many things

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...live to the point of tears." I like the way you put that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is like this for me as well. I think it is living life in connection - I would want it no other way.

    ReplyDelete