inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, March 7, 2011

look at this local food.
fresh pea shoots in our dining room,
filled with goodness!
here's a sweet little notebook,
where i plan to keep track of my vegan adventure.
i am curious about the story it will tell over 
the next 30 days.
no expectations or judgement,
just an unfolding.

the fridge is full of fruits, veggies and grains.
a few new things are in the cupboard.

my day is full, and since our supper for tonight was simmered
yesterday afternoon, i hope we might enjoy
a gentle first evening.

how is your monday looking?


5 comments:

  1. You know, that wonderful M.Heart
    always flips me happy with her descriptions of her meals...her conversion seemed effortless
    I can't wait to hear about yours
    Today I have to finish reading "Breakfast with Buddha" for my bookclub tomorrow
    I am behind and have to get through 250 pages today...not much else will get done

    ReplyDelete
  2. monday morning...starting another week always implies such possibilities as well as necessary actions...today i'm watching daisy so erik and juana can await the birth of their first grandchild right at the maternity doors...how exciting to share such joy even peripherally...daisy has obviously picked up on juana's pacing...i think i'll start sewing so the familiar sound of the machine will make her comfortable...it might be a long day...tqoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last day of classes! I just had my last stats class (yippee!!!) and at noon I take my history exam, and then I'm done done with that class, then 2 periods of art. Then I get to start studying for my stats final!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pea sprouts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen!
    That pea sprout picture took my breath away and made me smile.
    Excited about your adventure. I have two vegan brothers. One is so in love with it, he loves loves loves to cook and create and is such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete