inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, December 31, 2018

winding down on 2018

Our windowsill harvest...
Meyer lemons grown in central Vermont.
Their fragrance is filling the kitchen.

As we sit perched between 2018 and 2019
we're in the midst of a lovely opportunity for contemplation...
to look back and to look forward.

Will you be choosing a word for 2019,
to hold as a reminder for intention
 as you slide into the new year?

2018 has been winding down around here 
with a few rough patches we have had to navigate.
We're cautiously optimistic.
So I had not been paying much attention to all the new year stuff.

But.

My word found me, even though I was not looking for one.
I'm working on a little paper banner to string up in my
sewing studio, which will be a visual reminder all through 2019
of something that's been nipping at my heels for ages.
Come on back tomorrow if you're curious about it. 

And here's a little something you might like to try...
Forks over Knives is offering a
a free 21-day plan to help you transition to a plant-based lifestyle.
I've signed up, with the intention of refocusing on healthier eating. 
Not hard core for us, just a gentle reminder of what changes
we can make to tidy up our eating habits.
Besides, who doesn't love a new recipe or two?
Have you watched their acclaimed documentary?
Let me know if you have already signed up or decide to.

Be safe tonight, friends!
Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!
    I signed up for the Fresh Start Challenge plus Yoga with Adriene " Dedicate." Looking forward to seeing your word for the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent choices, Beverly! Enjoy the potential for positive change! xo

      Delete
  2. I haven't found the word for 2019 and neither did the word find me yet...
    Sending love and all the best for the new year!!
    Your card is cherished; thank you so much, dear friend.

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete