inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, January 3, 2019

"shenzhen" square

 My beloved Bernina is waiting for me to pick her up after another
 spa treatment. She'll also have a brand new walking foot from the spa. 
She had her old one for 30+ years
and it was sadly beyond repair. We tried.

So the first few blocks of my "summer sampler" have been stitched
 with a stand-in machine, whose tension is a bit wonky.
I'm really not the most accurate piecer, which is boldly evident here.
I embrace the wabi and move on.

This is the "Shenzhen" block.
I'm not sure I love my color choices on this project,
and so I will sew more of 
the turquoise and aqua into the next few blocks
to see if that helps...
Those colors run in the veins of my Mumsie and the women
 who came before her and in the veins of her granddaughters too.

Raise your hand if you love aqua and turquoise, too!

At noon today I sat in silence for a bit and 
let the hope of a new Congress wash over me.
Do you feel it too?

Come back tomorrow for a fun field trip
to a very cool place right here in our neck of the woods.

2 comments: