inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, February 27, 2020

hand me down quilt

 I stitched this "quilt as you go" quilt for our daughter Lindsey 
in 1984, the year she was born. 
 Now Lindsey and her husband Scott are expecting a baby
in May and it's a girl.
So I headed to the boxes of vintage family treasures,
and pulled this out, washed and dried it and sent it off to Detroit.

Holding it in my hands reminded me of evenings in La Grange IL,
sewing into the night after we had read stories and tucked Lindsey 
and her big brother Stewart into bed. 

 So much energy we had back then!
We would often scrape wallpaper or paint whole rooms after 
we put the kids to bed!
It was our first house and we were determined to make it our own,
with two little kids (and two more to come), we felt so 
lucky to have the shelter of that old Victorian.

And now we are looking forward to the safe
arrival of our second grandbaby.

Time sure does fly when you're living a life!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and lovely memories! I grew up in Western Springs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Lindsey was thrilled to see her quilt again! Wonderful news on the expected arrival of your new grandbaby. Thank you so much for the postcard Karen. It meant a lot to me. I hope your year is a good one filled with love and joy. x

    ReplyDelete