inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

tuscan tuesday::tucked into my suitcase


Yesterday I pulled a tissue wrapped parcel out of one of my sewing cupboards. It had been tucked away since we got home from our trip to Italy. This linen was my one splurge as we navigated the medieval hill towns of Tuscany. I spent a bit of time drooling over gorgeous bolts of linen in a shop in Montepulciano. And I am so glad I picked this olive printed linen as "my one true treasure" to bring back home with me.

When we saw it in the shop, it was smooth as silk on the bolt. Yesterday I trimmed the edges of the yardage, turned them under and machine hemmed them. Then I washed the linen in cool water and dried it on low. This process pulled all the sizing out of the fabric and left it soft, drapey and floaty. Just the texture I was looking for.

We've had flurries off and on for days, the temperatures have been chilly and it feels like a late spring this year. This special tablecloth reminds me of warmer, more carefree days. Wish you could pull up a chair and join me for fresh figs and a glass of Prosecco.

xo

1 comment:

  1. It's a wonderful memento of your travels: evocative, functional (so you can see and use it often), and lovely.

    ReplyDelete