inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, April 9, 2020

a dress for a fox

Perhaps you know Alicia's sweet blog, Posie Gets Cozy and are familiar with her delightful patterns and kits. I've made a bunch of Alicia's felt animals, you may check them out here, here, here and here. Recently, Maggie has discovered the fox I made for Gretta. This afternoon I stitched a wee Little Red Riding Hood print dress for the fox, inspired by the cape I stitched for Maggie last month.  I'll put it in a little care package and send it off to the Brooklyn apartment where Gretta's little family is doing science experiments, crafting, playing games and planting seeds on the windowsill. There will be love and hope tucked into that package as well.

It is rainy and raw here in Vermont today, with snow in the overnight forecast, but I am not discouraged. The grader went up and down our dirt road the other day and the tiny yellow flowers that grow in the ditches are blooming. 

After we came home from our lovely trip to Tuscany, I treated myself to a milk foamer. Every once in while, I make a cappuccini, and I am transformed to breakfasting at the B&B we stayed at while in Florence, with the doors to the dining space open to the gentle air. Two women worked in a tiny kitchen and produced the most elegant breakfast treats, and exquisitely simple "spa breakfasts" as we called them. It was nice to have so many choices. But the cappuccinos were stellar, and I have yet to reproduce one exactly like theirs. This morning I made another effort, trying to fend off the chill. One of these days I'll get it all just right.

I stacked a bunch of cardboard boxes up the other day, tipped on their sides, and Wilma and Cora have had fun playing and napping in them. Soon they will be able to play out on the three season porch, with fresh air drifting in through the screens.

Perhaps that's enough rambling for today. I send hope and love and comfort your way dearest readers.  
xo

1 comment:

  1. Your posting was so enjoyable to read and put a smile on my face. You are making such nice memories for Maggie. Cold winds and sunshine here today in Michigan.Baking bread is on the agenda. This too shall pass and hopefully all the wiser.

    ReplyDelete