inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Saturday, April 4, 2009

make things

We are defrosting after watching Gretta's season opening softball game. It was windy, dark, cold and damp. The girls lost, but are lookin' good, with a new coach and the optimism of a new season.

Check out this fun.
I found this, printed it out, matted it with scrapbook paper by Susan Branch, popped it in a frame from IKEA, and presto...a fun reminder at my sink.

This slogan was inspired by the 1939 version, "Keep Calm and Carry On". An anonymous civil servant in England coined the slogan for a propaganda poster intended to comfort folks facing the threat of Nazi Germany. 

And here's another little bag, made from instructions in The Impatient Patchworker. I sent this one to my sister-in-law, Ra, for her birthday. She's an April Fool baby and one of my favorite relatives by marriage. She calls everything equine a "pony", and so I thought of her when I found this fat quarter of fabric. And the lining fabric just looked like a pony meadow to me!
And what's up with the bowl of selvages? I am saving them now. One more thing to hoard in my studio... And why not, when there are all sorts of fun things to do with them???? Be sure to scroll down and/or check out the archives at the selvage blog to see some unusual projects.

Have a fun weekend!  We are getting ready to watch Australia tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment