inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, April 9, 2009

ILOVERMONT

I know I am a bit obsessed. But I do love this state. For so many reasons. Here's the state house, nestled in the hills by the Winooski River. Capitol city with a small town feel. I took this picture from the bridge after I shopped at Hunger Mt Co-op. Easter weekend at "a bit of earth". Doesn't get much better. Especially since I feel like going to church in the woods this year. To celebrate renewal and hope with Mother Nature. She is such a goddess!

Do you have a place that you love/are obsessed with? Please tell us about it!

4 comments:

  1. I love Vermont, too! Montpelier is the smallest town-type of State capitol i've ever been to. It was hilarious going to the Vermont Quilt Festival about 10 years ago in Northfield, when the two restaurants in town used to close early. So my friend Betsy and i drove to Montpelier, figuring since it was the State capitol surely there would be a restaurant open at 8 p.m. Nope! Maybe things have changed since then...after all, the pizza place in Northfield starting staying open 'til 8:00 to accommodate the quilt festival folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out here in the midwest our special place is Washington Island - just off the tip of Door County in Wisconsin. It's a world removed - they call it "North of the Tension Line" - life is slower with more time for reflection and connection. Wonderful wildlife: mating sandhill cranes, heron, egrets, eagles, pelicans, and furry friends too. A kayak ride on the bay is bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, anonymous, are you Deb D-W? And quiltcat, I know exactly what you mean about Montpelier. There's a joke about Mondays, when many restaurants are closed. A friend of mine says you can't eat anywhere but at home in VT on Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! I tried a few other profile options, but couldn't figure them out. Love to you!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete