inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, June 18, 2009

in the field of opportunity...

...it's plowin' time again (-Neil Young). 

And so my transition to summertime rural living begins! Gretta and I are headed to VT today. I will drop her at camp (where she will be working this summer) tomorrow morning. Peter takes Hannah to La Guardia early tomorrow morning to head back to Earlham, where she'll be working for the next three weeks. Batman and I will be doing a bit of coming and going in the next week or so. But Henry and I will settle into a "bit of earth" in Vermont on the 25th for a good long spell. Batman will be up on weekends.

There is no TV reception, cell phone service or internet connection up in our neighborhood.  I have been posting daily since I started this blog in January, and now my postings will be more in tune with my rural life. I am looking forward to stepping out of the 24/7 loop of technology for a bit. When I come down off the mountain, I will have laptop in hand, so you'll still hear from me now and then.

I am packing my yoga mat, sewing machine, a STACK of books...I have discernment to do, projects to sew, places to visit, gardening to do and transitions to craft. I am so blessed to have the time and space to do this work. Visiting friends and family will fill up the weekends with laughter and fun.

May you all have summer dreams and opportunities to follow them!

6 comments:

  1. Have a lovely break, feet up and relax a little and we will 'see' you when you come back down the mountain!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your sunmmer in VT you deserve the break as you do sound to be such an active lady. I have enjoyed reading your blogs and will continue to look out for more in the future. Like you, I have such a busy lifestyle and I am afraid my blogs of late have been neglected due to the pressure of work and developing our new website. New computer meant a change over from XP to Vista, hence a few teathing problems. They do say that patience is a virtue and hey, it has been tested this past week. Got there in the end.....
    My pleasure has been seeing all my summer flowers come into bloom and on Sunday here in the Uk it will be Father's Day. I will be taking some of my lovely roses to my father's grave. One of my fondest memories of him, is that he used to bring me roses wrapped in cooking foil and if I was out he would leave them on my doorstep. Memories...........
    Have fun and relax in VT. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss your daily posts, Karen - they've become a part of my regular routine. VT sounds wonderful - we haven't made the leap to my staying on the island yet - so that will be a fun conversation to have with you someday. Enjoy all those birches, and I'm looking forward to the clarity & insight that will come along with them - please share! Love to you & all, Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great. Enjoy your rural living.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and lovely and creative time in Vermont. Your posts are very comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you find peace and tranquility at your 'Bit of Earth'!
    We'll miss you!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete