inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

revisiting 2 projects

Remember the quilt I made for the auction at Gretta's school? I heard a rumor that the Head of the Upper School really liked it, but did not win it. I made this pillow with the scraps from the quilt and laminated the words "gentle, generous, truthful, kind and brave" and made them into flash cardy kinds of things, which fit neatly into a pocket on the pillow. Left it on the doorknob of her office this morning... 
Here's the words out of the pocket.
And this is the back. Hope she smiles when she finds it. That's the whole idea.
I just received permission from Michelle Surrena to post a photo of the charm I got from her in the Cloth Paper Scissors charm swap. I LOVE the way she drilled a hole in this bottle cap and fished a spiraled piece of wire through it, to attach the jump ring!
I just made another batch of fortune charms...Gretta asked me to make this one for her, "Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly". 

And check this out! What a wild coincidence. I received the neat heart in hand charm from Laura Stephens. When she saw my post with the picture of my fortune charms, she sent me this picture of some of the charms she made and sent out...fortunes with tiny silver fortune cookie charms attached. Fun, fun.
 
And Jennifer Mason (of the musical note and bead charm fame) posted pics of the charms she received from others, click here to view.

OK I think that's everything for today!

2 comments:

  1. What a kind thought, Your quiling is so neat, I wish I had the patience to sew-I will stick to crochet for now though!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipient of that pillow must have whooped with joy! What a very thoughtful gift!
    And all of the charms are...well, charming!!

    ReplyDelete