inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

more andy goldsworthy


In response to my blog of 1/22/09 , my dear friend Dolo sent me an envelope filled with goodies. She sent a lovely brochure from the Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University, where Stone River sits on a three acre site.  Created by Andy Goldsworthy, the piece was "Constructed of sandstone quarried from university buildings destroyed in the 1906 and 1989 earthquakes". Also included was a copy of the diary Mr Goldsworthy kept while working at Stanford. I've tucked it in my bag, to read on the plane later today. I hope to see  Stone River  in person someday.

Dolo also reminded me of a wonderful documentary, Rivers and Tides, available through Netflix, which gives rich insight into Mr Goldsworthy's work.

I found this sweet bird's nest on the ground late last fall, under the tree it had fallen out of. I have an idea for an art quilt (in the spirit of A.G.), which I will sketch and play with on my journeys this week. It may take a while to find the time to sew it, but I'll share it when I do.



 

1 comment:

  1. Have a lovely visit with your daughter, Karen!

    ReplyDelete