inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, April 17, 2017

a month of stitching::day 16






My daughter Lindsey and I collaborated on a baby quilt for the woman who had been her roommate in college. Little Arlo is Elizabeth's second baby and we thought he might appreciate a new quilt, rather than a hand-me-down from his big brother. 

I bought the fabric at Gather Here on my way down to the family art show in February. Lindsey and I discussed quilt patterns and settled on a modern version of stacked coins or chinese coins. I brought the fabric home, washed and dried it and cut out all the "coins". I sent them to Lindsey, who stitched them together with the addition of a pup she found on a vintage hankie. She sent the three strips of sewn coins back to me. I added the solid blue strips, basted, quilted and trimmed the quilt. Today she sewed the binding on while she was here for the decking weekend. I just stitched the label on and will wash it and pack it tomorrow and ship it to little Arlo.

And...ooops...you may have noticed that I did not stitch and I did not post yesterday, so I will be a day behind for the rest of the month.  To see our new deck, which consumed much of the weekend, look here! 

I hope that each of you had a lovely weekend, filled with the celebration of spring. xo

4 comments:

  1. I love the collaboration on this quilt, Karen. It is lovely!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, I thank you for your loyal commenting! The collaboration really was fun, as I am fond of Elizabeth and Lindsey both. xo

      Delete
  2. Life is more than good. Can you feel the joy for you from here???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. And I will get your treasure bag in the mail tomorrow, Sharon! xo

      Delete