inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Sunday, April 23, 2017

a month of stitching::day 22


This morning I was grabbed by something I saw posted on Instagram by Sonya Phillips, one of my stitching sheros. She wrote of Fashion Revolution, marking the fourth anniversary of the Rana Plaza clothing factory collapse in Bangladesh. Take a look here. 

Dear readers, I fell down the internet rabbit hole for an hour while I sipped my morning tea (the tea that Hannah brought me from China!). 

I have not stitched for an hour today, but I have read a lot about all the issues around clothing and the "fashion revolution". Fas-cin-ating. I've rummaged through my patterns, my longer yardages of fabric, my mending pile and my bin of clothing for repurposing. I am hatching a plan for the upcoming week and beyond. 

If indeed the universe is looking for collaborators this is certainly a way to jump in! 

And there will be another giveaway this week, so stay tuned. xo

4 comments:

  1. I like the title of 'shero' you invented (?) to honour Sonya Phillips!
    You are doing great in your month of stitching; a pleasure and inspiration to follow.
    Love and blessings,

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love that word, "shero"? I did not invent it, but I love to use it! xo

      Delete
  2. Sometimes an hour of research and going through resources counts as much as actual sewing! You are getting close to the end, Karen! Do you think you'll continue on after the 30th?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, I have been wondering about that myself. I'm not sure, but will keep you posted. :-)

      Delete