inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Saturday, March 7, 2009

anthology

It is WARM and SUNNY here in CT.  I took Henry, who has been a bit mopey and sad this week, out onto the screened porch for some cheering up. Here he can keep a close watch on the chipmunks who live in the stone wall and the birds, flying on their way around the corner of the house to the feeders.
Gretta has been silk screening today.  Robots, carrots and a peace symbol. On pieces of recycled tee shirts. Using screens made from old pieces of wood. She's a good little steward.
I went to have tea with my dear friend Frances.  Such a good, long conversation.  I brought her a fun giftie, a collaboration between Ben and Jerry's and High Mowing Seeds.
Driving down to Frances' house, I was listening to NPR's Weekend Edition and heard some music that is new to me....Bellx1's, "Blue Lights on the Runway". Way cool.

I'm reading this lately, where I found some very cool challenges to help us live with intention. And this,an especially lovely and simple blog. I follow lots of great blogs, but this one is a bit different and it has been really speaking to me lately.

Birchbark, Duponi silk and linen are sitting on my sewing table.....nesting.
Last weekend we saw MILK. (Please go see it).  And last night we rented My First Mister again.
It's a sweet film.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely, contented Saturday. A long talk with a friend is my favorite treat. I did see Milk and thought it was terrific.
    I enjoyed that blog, Habit, so simple and thoughtful.
    Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Saturday! Henry certainly looks intent on something. Do you think he might want another kitty companion at some point? Gretta's silk screen print is very cool, and that Ben & Jerry's "terra fuela" pint planter is a hoot. I heard that piece about Bellx1 on "Weekend Sedition," as a friend calls it, and really enjoyed it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see Henry out on his porch on this warm day in March... looks like he and our cat Brody had the same idea!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete