inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Monday, March 23, 2009

heading to "a bit of earth"

This is our porch, in greener times. Can't wait to get up there this afternoon. Peter went up ahead of me, yesterday and reports that the road is barely passable because of the MUD. But the temperature this morning was supposed to be near zero degrees, so maybe the road will be frozen again? I love Vermont!

I'm packing my ancient overalls, 'cause we will be painting the dark paneling in the kitchen. Peter took out a huge old cupboard and we will replace it with a free standing base unit I found at IKEA. Everyone in our family loves to cook, so we really needed more counter space in this small kitchen.  Beside, we need room for raucous kitchen DANCE PARTIES!

I'm taking my sewing machine, too, and hope to make more progress on the quilt.  Deadline is creeping up.

I can't think of a better way to start a Monday morning than getting into the car and heading to Vermont.  Well, I guess maybe waking up in Vermont on a Monday morning....

3 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely wonderful! (and a heck of a lot more fun than getting into the car and driving into the sun to work this a.m., harrumph)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can dance in your kitchen this summer. Have a great refreshing time in Vermont.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time in Vermont and hope you accomplish all you have in mind! What a beautiful spot you have there. Vermont is such a beautiful state, haven't been there much but we went to our niece's college graduation in Vermont last June and it was a treat to see the scenery along the way.

    ReplyDelete