inhale...exhale...relax your shoulders...repeat as often as needed

Thursday, March 12, 2009

a day at home, mostly


We have been playing with Henry a bit more than usual, and he seems to be perking up. Here he is enjoying yet another one of Peter's pots. Henry is really into sniffing flowers.  Today I am going to the vet's to pick up Calico's ashes, and we will bury them in VT once the ground softens up.

Every once in a while, despite frequent wiping up of spills, I break down and use the self cleaning cycle on my oven.  Now I am captive in my own home for 4 hours and 20 minutes. I've decided to hunker into my sewing room to make serious progress on this quilt. 
Our friend Margie came for supper last night and I gave her the muttons I knit for her. Since we are both such fashionistas (HA, HA, HA, HA!), we thought we'd have her do some posing, and do a photo shoot.  Here she is, looking very fetch.

Over the last 27 years, Peter and I have had a very effective parenting partnership going.  His steady ways and mellow temperament have made him the perfect driving instructor.  Once he has done the initial teaching, I get brave enough to join in.  Although the kids will say that this does not always bring out the best in me.  And I will agree.  But, this morning, Gretta drove to school (she is learning) and we managed to remain civil with one another. Progress!

Late this afternoon, I am off to have an early supper with a friend to catch up on stuff and gather courage together for a difficult something that must be done. And then on to Spirit in Practice class. How blessed am I?

5 comments:

  1. Henry looks so sweet sniffing his beautiful tulip in the sunshine. I hope you have a fun and productive time quilting while waiting for the oven to finish cooking itself. And that the rest of your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of Henry and the flowering plant are beautiful! Either one would make a wonderful painting or quilt!!
    I do remember the days of driving lessons with Kate. NOT FUN!!! HaHa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry is a very handsome cat, I love his soft color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all, for your appreciation of this handsome beastie, our vet calls him a "pink tabby". Henry is not just a good looking guy, he also has a heart of gold and he's a fine companion. KarenLR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I calculated today (based on my careful scientific research :) ) that I spend approximately 35.24 minutes a day oogaling at Henry, playing with Henry, feeding Henry chicken at the table when I shouldn't be, picking Henry up even though he doesn't enjoy it, and complaining about how cute and/or fat he is. Time very well spent.
    Gretta

    ReplyDelete